Wine Experimental Cellar (WEC)
The WEC: an experimental cellar dedicated to the development of new products.
The WEC: an essential step between laboratory and winery
- 44 temperature-regulated tanks, 200L in size, and perfectly adapted to conduct winemaking comparisons.
- A dedicated and permanent team ensures the management of wines from harvest to bottling.
- Analytical support from SARCO laboratory.
The WEC: full scale trials
Quality trials performed under rigorous conditions:
- Products developed by LAFFORT® are trialled to confirm their efficiency and the reproducibility of the results.
- Winemaking experiments are performed to bring answers, to confirm expectations, or to understand market needs (most recently, the reduction of SO2, also malolactic bacteria co-inoculation, etc.).
The WEC: quality tastings
Over 150 comparisons each year:
- Test the homogeneity of the harvest.
- Validate the reproducibility of trials.
- Define pertinent and reliable elements of comparison.